If you want to use the VoIP feature with your MagicJack device, then this article is going to prove to be a helpful one for you. In case you were struggling through the question if you can use the VoIP feature on your MagicJack device, then the answer to this question is yes. The Voice Over Internet Protocol feature is available for all the MagicJack device users after they complete the set up procedure carefully. However, if you do not complete this procedure carefully, then you shall not be able to use this feature. But, before you ca n actually begin, it is must that you complete the MagicJack login process.
Once you are logged in to your account, you can begin the process to set up MagicJack with VoIP i.e. Voice over Internet Protocol. This feature is embedded in the MagicJack devices because it allows the users to make local as well as long distance calling on the go. This service is made available for the residents of UAS and Canada giving them opportunity to enjoy a seamless calling experience. Using this service, users can also make use of the computer or the regular telephones available in their homes and connect it to the internet for calling purposes.
The steps to Set Up MagicJack with VoIP
Since MagicJack VoIP feature can be used on a computer as well as telephone, therefore the method to use it varies from device to device. So, we shall be talking about the two devices’ method separately. To enjoy this low cost calling service, you need to use the set up method given here after you complete the MagicJack login process:
Setting up MagicJack with VoIP to a high-speed modem
- First, take out the Ethernet cord.
- Now, connect the router with your MagicJack device.
- Next, plug in your phone in the ‘PHONE’ port of your MagicJack.
- Further, you need to connect the power adapter to the MagicJack USB.
- Finally, plug in your MagicJack device to the power source and you’re done.
Setting up MagicJack with VOIP with your computer
It is a very easy process to set up magicjack with your computer. All you need to do is use your telephone and then connect it. Apart from this, you can also use the desktop application in order to receive the phone calls:
- Primarily, you need to plug in your telephone in the ‘PHONE’ port of your MagicJack device.
- Once you do that, take out the USB extension cord from the packaging.
- Next up, you need to connect this cord to your MagicJack device.
- Lastly, plug in the same USB cord into one of the USB ports on your PC.
- Hurrah! You are successful in setting up MagicJack with VoIP.
After you have successfully completed the MagicJack login process and set up the VoIP over it, you are all set to make low-cost calls from your device using only the internet. In case you are unable to set it up, try to verify if you are following the methods correctly.